Monday, September 14, 2009

A Spot of Tea, Please


If you know me personally, you know I LOVE tea. Tea has become a crucial part in my daily routine. I have a cup of "morning tea" in the morning, usually a green tea of some sort, and an "evening tea" at night. For my evening tea, I absoultely cannot have caffine. A warm beverage can help calm and sooth me before bed, but a caffinated beverage will cause me to have a restless sleep.
As of late, rooibos has become my choice tea before bed. Like green tea, rooibos contains beneficial antioxidants, but unlike green tea, there is no caffeine and much less tanic acid.
With my passion for tea, it's no surprise that I would find a way to include tea in a soap. Last night I whipped up a batch of tea, using brewed rooibos tea as part of the base. I also dried the brewed leaves and used them in the soap itself to help with scrubbing and eliminating dead skin. Interestingly, e-how suggests using rooibos tea as part of one's skincare regimen.
As for beneficial oils in this soap, I've included olive and caster in addition to luxurious avocado and jojoba oils. To combine a great scent with luxurious skin-care, I used a citrusy/fruity fragrance oil, which means this soap smells yummy.
My rooibos soap is still in the molds, and I'm trying to think of a name for it. So far I'm leaning towards "Rooibos Scrub," but that seems too boring for such a great soap. I'm currently open to suggestions on the name.

2 comments: