Monday, October 5, 2009

Soapspirations

I've taken a week off from actually making soap in order to set up my Etsy store, package soap, and brainstorm about the kinds of soap I want to make next.  Here are some inspirations for soap I plan to make in October:


Chrysanthemum tea:  I love the beautiful flowers in my chrysanthemum tea.  This tea has been used by the Chinese for centuries as a natural remedy for multiple ailments.  I'm trying to figure out how I want to incorparte chrysanthemum tea in a soap and what sort of fragrance should I use for this.


Pumpkin:  Pumpkins are one of my favorite things about fall.  You can read more about my love of pumpkins at my Meandering Home blog.  I've been trying to use pumpkins in different ways each week during the fall.  (As I type this, pumpkin soup is brewing in my crockpot).  I read a few articles on using pumpkin in soap, and I look forward to making my own recipe.


My daughter:  Babies have sensitive skin, and generally only need water baths.  I give my daughter a water bath as part of her bedtime routine, but only wash her with soap once a week.(unless she's super dirty).  I want to make a very mild, gentle, and fragrance free soap to use for my daughter.  I'm going to order to some new ingredients for this soap, and I want it to work well for those with sensetive skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment