Thursday, October 22, 2009

Gather a Lather and the Big Stitch

For those of you who find your way here from the Knit and Crochet Tennessee blog, here's some pictures of the soap samples that will be in the goody bags Saturday:

Everyone will get a sample of one of the following soaps:  Gather a Sunbeam (White very light fragrance), Rooibos Scrub (Speckled), or  Pink Flower Garden (can be either white or pink).  Each sample is at least half an ounce of soap, and I hope you like it.

In addition to samples I have donated a gift basket for a doorprize:

Pictured (starting at the top left and working clockwise):  Pink Flower Garden, Gather a Shampoo, Rooibos Scrub, and Gather a Sunbeam. 

Now for those of you who live in the Nashville area and do not know about the Big Stitch, I'll give you a little more information.  The Big Stitch is hosted by Knit and Crochet Tennessee, and brings together knitters and crochetiers to work on charity projects.  Saturday is Make a Difference Day, and we will be gathering to donate and work on hats, which will go to various charities.  We're making chemo hats for cancer patients, hats for homeless shelters, and hats for sick or premature babies.  It's a fun and exciting time, and if you knit and/or crochet you should come.  Also if you want to learn how to knit or crochet, there are always folks there who are willing to teach.

As for me, I'll be there on Saturday, if you want to come say "Hi."  Here's a picture of some of the hats I've made (because if you came here with the Big Stitch in mind, you probably also like looking at fiber art):

The ones on the left and the turqoiuse one are knitted.  That's the Photography Hat on Ravelry, and it's a very fun knit.  As you can see, I enjoyed knitting it so much, I made four of them.  The baby hats (brown, flower, and pointy) are all crocheted.  I did my own thing on each of those, and I'm not even sure I could tell you what I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment