Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Oh Baby!

I have a precocious little 10 month old, and I made this soap to meet her skincare needs. Babies have sensitive skin and usually a light water bath is sufficient for keeping them clean, but occasionally a baby needs a bit more. I’ve always been skeptical about using commercial baby products on my baby. Why use a product that contains ingredients you can’t pronounce? My solution was to make my own soap using extra mild ingredients such as sweet almond oil and shea butter. This soap has been tested on a real baby (my own), and it works great on her soft and delicate baby skin. Use it on your baby or on yourself, Or I'll wrap it for you as a baby shower gift.



You may have noticed a handknit washcloth in these soap pictures.  In addition to soapmaking, I also knit and crochet.  I made this washcloth as a gift for my sister, along with some special Pumpkin Celebration soap.  In the future I plan to add some handmade washcloths to my Gather a Lather store.

No comments:

Post a Comment